Well, it’s been a little while, hasn’t it? Truth be told, I’ve never been the best at sticking to a schedule. December got a little busy with holidays, I was at AGDQ for the first week and a bit of January, and February the laziness simply took hold of me. But it’s a new month, and it’s time to get serious about things again!
So during my hiatus, I put a lot of thought into the arrow scrolling issue. Basically, my last approach won’t work. Here’s a neat video of the current implementation. But if you compare it to the original version you might notice a few missing things. There is a (subtle) bpm change, a stop, and freeze arrows, none of which are presently supported by Valkyrie. Of course, if we look carefully, we can see the arrows are all still in sync, even after the time at which the stop should occur.
I’ll go into more detail about the new implementation of arrow scrolling soon when it’s done. This will be rewrite number…4 I believe. Well, at least I can say I learn a bit with each time I rewrite it!